Vice President of PCMH and provider Relations
Misael Guerra is responsible for SOMOS’ Community Cares Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH), a care model that focuses on transforming primary care practices into medical homes. PCMH is fundamental to the transition to value-based payments.
Misael has extensive experience working directly with providers, as well as sales, and training and consulting experience in the financial services, insurance, and pharmaceutical industries. He has achieved top territory operations management and production goals at three Fortune 500 and one Fortune 100 companies. Misael holds a Group 1 Health Insurance License, as well as Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc. (FINRA) Series 7, 66, and 24. He is a Bronx native and is a veteran Commissioned Officer in the U.S. Navy.
Misael has brought over two decades of strategic territory program management experience to SOMOS Community Care and heads the PCMH implementation program that has resulted in nearly 900 network providers recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as medical homes in 18 months. These officially recognized providers are spread throughout the diverse communities of New York City as they prepare for a transition to value-based payment arrangements.
- Webster University, M.B.A
- University of Arizona, B.A.
- Financial Regulatory Authority (FINRA) Licenses Series 7, 66 and 24
- Group 1 General Life and Health Insurance
- Former President of the San Antonio Chapter of the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA)
- Knighted by the Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulchre of Jerusalem
Areas of Expertise
- Provider Relations
- Program Management and Implementation
- Project Management
- Practice Transformation
- Strategic Initiatives Deployment
- Corporate Leadership